Pottery Classes for Summer Holidays

Summer holidays are about to start and Im sure parents and kids must have started "Googling" for summer camps or hobby activities by now. With so many options around....the biggest question for them is which one?? We definitely want our kids to make best use of these holidays rather than spending long hours in front of idiot box. I personally feel that a child must be indulged in any creative activity that he or she could pursue as a hobby in long run (which some of us "including me" missed in our childhood). I still remember, as a child I used to create lot of art stuff during holidays. My fav were paper craft and "Best out of waste"!! Since there were not many art classes or internet access in those days, we friends use to run through magazines at home or scan weekend newspapers to look for craft tutorials. And if we were fortunate enough, we get to see few creative programs on our very own DoorDarshan DD channel.

Phewww...coming back to 2014...today when i see kids learning new crafts on "Art Attack", I really feel jealous as they are so resourceful and lucky :) Anyways..we were taking about Summer Holiday activities for kids. Well, you have a plethora of activities to choose from, but I have already shortlisted some of the activities for my (not yet arrived) kids. Hopefully these people continue spreading their skills by the time my kids grow up. (These are purely my personal preferences!!)
  • Kathashala by Simi Srivastava for storytelling workshop
  • Ukti (Waldorf School)...i dont know if they have any summer camp but i really like their entire concept of education
  • Prakriti as play school for my child
  • Quilling art...its quite new and interesting form of art - Indulging Arts by Tanvi
  • Papercutting by Teekhii Chhurii (that's in Mumbai0
  • Painting classes (I really like the painting classes by Shivani of Creative Dimensions, Noida...she gives quite personalized attention to students) (link yet to be added)
  • Pottery classes...not just at Claying Thoughts but anywhere ;) That's one of the best activity a child can indulge in during summer holidays...Play with Mitti :) (www.clayingthoughts.in)
Hope you will be able to filter out best for your kid...but dont forget to spend some really productive hours with your child and let them watch my fav Chotta Bheem for an hour in a day :)

Comments

Popular Posts