Clay Superheros

Ninja Turtle -  Lenardo with Blue Bandana
Sometimes, i really get awestruck when i see little hands weaving their tiny miny ideas through clay. I got a huge list of such wonders to share with you, but can't scribble all them....... But im really excited to share one such incidence of my new pottery student Pulkit.

The very first thing i liked about him is that he didn't like my clay curriculum... he came prepared to my clay class with his own set of ideas. On Day-One he announced that he wants to make a complete range of his superheros!! (What a contrast - girls says barbie and boys want superheros) Phewww...

I was actually confused as how ninjas look like as i never saw ninja character so closely,. When i tried guiding him with my usual style of adding feet and hands...he simply moved my hand as he thought i was spoiling his ninja ....all he wanted me to do was fix the clay properly...so the hands or head doesn't fall off. He has now learnt the technique of joining/attaching as well...so no point of my interfering in his creation :)

On top of it, he asked me if i know the name of Ninja with blue bandana.... I was like...WHATT!! 
In his own accent he told me the names of four Ninjas...Though I couldn't get the names clearly but i nodded like an intelligent listener. Immediately after my class got over, i googled names of Ninjas...What i got to know is that there are four types of Ninjas and you can identify them with the color of the bandana they wear...So next time your child ask you to make a "Raphael" Ninja...then do paint his bandana with red. Here is the complete list of Ninjas: 
  1. Blue for “Lenardo”
  2. Orange for “Michelangelo"
  3. Purple for “Donatello”
  4. Red for “Raphael”
I'm doing my homework on all superheros/cartoon characters...don't know what would be my next challenge as my students want to make Doremon, Bheem, chutki, Barbie...oh god save me!!

Happy Claying!!


Ninja - Raphael with Red Bandana


Clay Modelling by young kids



Plastic Ninja toy with Blue Bandana

Comments

Popular Posts