Ganesha Idol

Every time I start writing my blog post, I feel  the same level of excitement like i had when i first wrote my  blog post to showcase my debut pottery creation. The reason may be that I always try experimenting something new and test my limits!! Sometimes I get success n sometimes I just spoil Clay, hands, studio, tools...just everything.
Well, Success....I post on blog and failures...hmmm... I keep them to myself sshhhh :-) This time I did what I had been wanting to do. I created a kind of sculpture...hmm well "Idol" would be the right word....An Indian Idol :-)

I created Ganesha Idol using Pinch technique. It is made of terracotta clay and can be used as an Eco friendly Ganesha. Since, I wanted to bisque fire this idol...I kept it hollow from inside...else the piece could burst during firing. I did not use any mold to make this shape...its purely hand building!! By grace of God, it has really come up well!! Here are few poses of My Friend Ganesha:>
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!! (belated)










Comments

  1. The idols and figurines are placed in homes for eliminating the vastu doshas. Enhance the spirituality around your home by placing the Ganesha idols.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your feedback please :)

Popular Posts